Sunday Stash Report, July 13, 2014




Let me begin with a purchase.  I knew I had to have this wide back when I first saw it.  It turns out that Lynne liked it for a project she was working on.  I went this week to Beverly's where I bought the rest of the bolt.  Lynne will probably need 3 yards for her project and...mine is added to my stash for something that will need it in the future.  The piece is used in my Smith Morning Mountain project.  I purchased 1 1/2 yards thinking I'd use it for both the inner border and binding.  It is a little bright so I've changed my mind to use it only for the inner border then go with a darker fabric for the binding.

Now let me finish with fabric used!  Kooter Klan is finished.  I have all the applique done and now I'm ready for Kerry to take on the quilting.  Kooter Klan is a design called Newly Hatched by Java House Quilts.

When my Mom was here a few weeks ago she made the quilt top that sits on top of these fabrics. Sorry I don't know the pattern.  Yesterday I finished the cutting of 10" squares with all leftover fabrics and put a back together as well as cutting the six strips she will need for the binding.  Most of the fabric she brought from her stash of pinks.  I did supplement with a few, but never took the time to count what was coming from my stash.  Kerry will have this one to quilt as well.

This will be my second rug.  It is made with scraps of greens and browns.  It will match the first one I made.  Tiffany started it while she was here.  She liked it so much that I've purchased the placemat size for her.  Country Threads makes and sells the looms and a book called Rugs From Rags on how to make them.  This project will use 17 yards of scraps when it is finished...

Tiffany will have Karibbean in her home soon.  She selected it from dozens that I have around my home.  It is made with all blue batik scraps.  I remember only purchasing the light blue neutral for the project.  It is a big quilt at 81" x 96" called Blue Moon by Karen Montgomery.

Let me finish with my stash stats for this week.

Used this week:  3.25 yards
Used YTD:  132.75 yards
Purchased this week:  4.5 yards
Purchased YTD:  96.5 yards
Net Fabric Used in 2014:  36.25 yards

4 comments:

Janet O. said...

I didn't know you did rugs, too! Cool! : )

Betty said...

Wow! you had your to do things pretty well taken care of. Kooter Klan is so darn cute. Looks like you will have your hands full at the next guild meeting. Long way to go for your rug, but I know that is a TV watching project. Tiffany did very well. She also picked a very nice quilt. Also glad that Beverly still had that backing, I know how you like it.

Kate said...

Love the Newly Hatched pattern and the rug. You've got some very pretty projects going.

Jennifer said...

Great extra-wide that you picked up - it will be a perfect back.