Sunday Stash Report, July 27, 2014

I'm writing right now to the sounds of thunder and rain.  So unusual for this time of year in San Diego.  The humidity has been high too.  The storm brings in a nice breeze and no one is upset for rain in San Diego!  We are in a mandatory water cut back...it is needed so bad around here.

I have a little bit of stash used to count this week.  I was able to finish lots of projects last week and cut the pieces for my July UFO.  Yesterday I put a bunch of quilts into Kerry's quilting queue too!  I also stayed away from the quilt shops, but this doesn't mean I'm not still in the hunt for fabric...  I have to find a 1/2 yard piece of brown plaid for a binding.  Then there is 12 yards of 3/4" and 6 yard each of 1 1/2" two colors of rick rack to find.  I'll need to start pulling what I can from my stash for the Buggy Barn Bird Brain workshop that is in the middle of August.  Once I know what I have I'll decide on the colors of rick rack.  I do have some pink rick rack that I may work; we'll see about that.

Two nights this week I spent time weaving on rug 2.  I'm making a matching one for in front of the kitchen sink.  I figure right now that I'm about a third of the way.  I'm determined to use every 2 1/2" strip FIRST before I cut into yardage.  Kerry has offered her browns and greens; it would be a delight for her to count a bit more used on her stash report as well.  I'm not ready to claim fabric used yet, but these rugs take 17 yards.

I did end up finishing off the stars in the border of the Retreat Quilt.  This is one that went to Kerry's on Saturday.  I'm going to guesstimate on yardage used for this project.  I provided all the blue that will also include the binding and the brown except for the block Shelly made.  The background and back came from Sue.  So let's say 1 1/2 yards for this project from my stash.

The San Diego Humane Society Fur Ball Donation was finished.  Kerry probably has this one quilted now.  It was on her long arm yesterday with two rows complete of the cutest stitching design that looked like Hello Kitty in yellow thread.  Kerry provided the backing on this project that we do annually so my used stash is 3 3/4 yards.

Time now to get working on my July UFO...time is NOT standing still...

Used this week:  5.25 yards
Used YTD:  138 yards
Purchased this week:  0 yards
Purchased YTD:  114 yards
Net Fabric Used in 2014:  24 yards

Koko is hiding under the bed!  I think my cat is a chicken...  It's still raining YIPPEE!!!




4 comments:

Betty said...

Just did a nice post, and couldn't read the letters and they threw it out. darn....
KOKO isn't a chicken, it is just a new sound to him. Yes, thunder is San Diego, my oh my.
You got a good start on your rug, looks nice.
Love your fur ball quilt, I wish I was a fly on the wall to see what comments it gets.

Donna said...

Good job!

The rug is a good use of stash. I've been debating a couple different methods to make one myself. Looks good.

Jennifer said...

Congrats on the progress this week and hope you got a lot of rain. It was overcast and rainy in the Midwest today too, which made it a great day to work on getting some stuff back in order in my sewing area!

Janet O. said...

Since I have been absent awhile, I wasn't aware you were making rugs. What got you started on that?
I know you work fast, but when I see all you have accomplished since I last checked in, it makes me think I must have been gone longer than I thought! : )
It all looks good, as usual, Sandi!