Design Wall Monday, August 18, 2014


I continued working on Krazy Kookoos yesterday.  There are nearly ten completed with another ten to go.  The top five are ready for squaring up.  That will come as a last step in the process since I'll need to get them all to the smallest size block from all 20 that are to be made.  The bottom five are just two long seams from going to the wall!  All though 20 are to be sewn only 17 will make it to the quilt.  More on this too cute Buggy Barn design called Bird Brain in the coming days.

Oh by the way Buggy Barn designs are not paper pieced.  They are all cut pieces assembled together.  This design is a bit challenging I will admit.  Lots and lots of pieces come together to make these birdies!

Much more to see on the Design Walls of other quilters through the links at Patchwork Times.  Enjoy your week...

4 comments:

Betty said...

The Kookoos are looking super. You have a lot of colors going on. Lots of pieces to put together, looking forward to seeing the outcome. (I thought they were paper pieced)

Janet O. said...

Wow, I don't think I could wrap my brain around putting one of those birds together! They are very fun looking when you get them finished, though. Great work, Sandi. As always, you are amazing! : )

Debra Broyles said...

Oh, oh, oh I love your Krazy Kookoos - they are so adorable. You do such lovely work and your color selection is always spectacular. I love it. As always you are way ahead of me. I hope to work on them sometime today. I'll send you a pix once I am done - hahahhahahaha - that's a good one. You take care Sandi. As always, it was great seeing you again. Have a safe and wonderful trip with your family. I know you are looking so forward to it. Keep on sewin' baby!!!!

Jaye said...

Thanks for sharing your works in progress! I love the whimsy of those birds!