Sunday Stash Report, September 21, 2014


Friday I stopped by Beverly's to pick up two copies of the San Diego Quilt Show program.  My friend Mary was kind enough to help getting them.  I didn't have a chance to attend the show this year.  I did have eight quilts entered so having the program was important to me.  While at Beverly's I stumbled on these three FQ neutrals.  Hard to resist them coming home with me along with the programs.  Thanks Mary for the opportunity for both!
I finished my September UFO so I've been spending time on Zuckerwatte.  At the top of the photo you can see the blocks I'll be creating.  Everything is cut to make them as well as the string blocks that are at two of the corners.  The triming does take some extra time, but it is worth the effort in my opinion.  I'm also clearing out pinks and light purples from my stash with this design by Bonnie Hunter.  Might need to rob from Kerry's and my Mom's stash for the string border...we'll see how that goes.

Kerry has invited me to participate in the Around the World Blog Hop that started with Karen Miller of www.quiltscrowscaerdinals.blogspot.com.  I'm to link back to the person who tagged me and link forward to three blogging friends who agree to do the same.  I've asked several of my blogging friends and no one has the time to participate right now.  If you are interested let me hear from you!  Leave me your email address or if you have already set that up in your profile I'll send you the details.  You'd need to create a post for the blog hop on September 29th.  (My blog post will be tomorrow.)

So back to my stash report for this week.  Neutrals are always a good thing to add to your stash, so I don't feel too bad with this week's enhancement.  Hope you are achieving in the right direction.  See more reports though the links at Judy's Patchwork Times blog.

Used this week:  0 yards
Used YTD: 164.25 yards
Purchased this week:  .75 yards
Purchased YTD: 140 yards
Net Fabric Used in 2014:  24.25 yards

Oh, I did finish a few projects, but already counted the yardage.  Check them out on my website at www.kwiltnkats.com.  Enjoy your Sunday.


3 comments:

Angie in SoCal said...

Nothing in, nothing out for me. I've been quilting and using fabric from someone else's stash - lol. COngrats on your ufo finish! And Thanks for the heads up on that pattern from Bonnie.

Janet O. said...

Hard to pass up a good find of neutrals!
Zuckerwatte is very pretty--pink and purple work so well together.

Kathie said...

Love the pink and purple blocks, can't wait to see that when it is further along.