Sunday Stash Report, September 14, 2014

Saturday I purchased a bit of fabric from Beveryly's in Kearny Mesa.  The star fabric as you can see below became the outer border for Kadence which is my September 2014 UFO.  I'm happy to have it done so I can get back to my Buggy Barn project Krazy Kookoos
This is the back I've assembled.  I took every possible patriotic fabric from my stash to create 12 1/2" unfinished squares.  I'll sew them all together for an entirely (except the outer border) stash buster project. 
Kadence
60" x 72"
Kadence is a design FREE from Bonnie Hunter on her website called Fourth of July should you be interested in making one for yourself.  I think I'd be pleased to use up some more of my bonus HSTs on a version using 2" pieces rather than 2 1/2" pieces.  I really like the finished size of Kings where I did just that.  Kings is also a design FREE from Bonnie Hunter on her website called Playing With Jacks.
Kings
31" x 32"
So this Sunday's Stash report I have a bit to claim used and purchased.  I'm not making too much headway into my stash this year, but I'm still not adding too it!  A good thing.  See other quilters using their stash in ways different than me through the links at Patchwork Times.


Used this week:  10.25 yards
Used YTD: 164.25 yards
Purchased this week:  4.5 yards
Purchased YTD: 139.25 yards
Net Fabric Used in 2014:  25 yards

5 comments:

Kathie said...

Love your quilt.

DeeDee said...

Both Kings and Kandence are great quilts. Thanks for sharing the pattern links.

Anonymous said...

My scrap bin is getting full so I'm going to have to check out Bonnie's free patterns pretty soon. :) Thanks for the reminder that that is there.

Janet O. said...

Too more beauties, Sandi. The color combos in each are very striking, and I love the scrappy nature.
I've yet to make a backing of big squares. It always sounds like a good idea, but by the time I get to this stage of the quilt I get lazy and just want a quick backing. I need to work on that and follow your lead. : )

Betty said...

I like both quilts, very nice. I bet the pinks will be very nice as well. Still have more pinks if needed..... Love you.