Design Wall Monday, November 17, 2014

Saturday I got two quilts back from Kerry.  What a lovely job she does.  The first one Koliding Krosses (another one named by my Sister) is made from the Earth and Sea design by Cheryl Malkowski at www.cherylmalkowski.com.  I've had this pattern since Timeless Treasures featured it for their Tonga Batiks in 2010.  It was my #9 UFO this year.  I have the darkest of the blues for a scrappy binding.
Koliding Krosses
Next up is Konstituent my #4 UFO this year.  It is from the first of 12 Month Pattern Series called Building Blocks that Cozy Quilt Designs released.  Sharyn Craig was the Designer and Wendy Mathson the Pattern Architect.  While I was working on this project I thought so much of taxi cabs...wonder why?  I think this series continues today, perhaps this year on the third series.  Cozy Quilts would have them if you are interested.  I have more of the black outer border to use for the binding.  Speaking of the border; this is a design from our very own Judy from her 60 Pieced Quilt Borders book.  If you don't have Judy's awesome book put it on your Christmas or Birthday wish list.  This one is a favorite of my DH.  Kerry thinks it would make a nice baby quilt.  Check out the alphabet quilting design.
Konstituent
My wall still has Koncentric Konnection on it.  I'm hopeful to get back my Pfaff mid week from being repaired and serviced.  I need to get cracking if this project is to complete this month per the #3 UFO schedule.
Koncentric Konnection
In the meantime my Janome has been set up in my sewing cabinet.  Busy working on Midnight Flight Swap Units and Krazy Koons.  All the dogs are done; flowers are in progress.  Happy to have these bonus triangles for a future project.  There will be just as many after the second half of these units are sewn in place.
Midnight Flight Swap Units
Midnight Flight Swap Bonus Triangles
Krazy Koons Flower Blocks
Hope you have a busy sewing room...  See more projects through the links today at Patchwork Times.


6 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love that your post is at 12:01am! Lots of great things going on in your sewing room!

Denise :) said...

You've got SO much going on!! I love your Konstituent -- it's gorgeous!!! :)

Sylvia said...

Love the batik quilt!

Janet O. said...

My goodness, so much quilty goodness here! Everything is amazing, as always!
The flowers for your Krazy Koons are very fun.
Won't those purple bonus HSTs make something pretty? I look forward to seeing what you create from them.

Betty said...

Nice blog, so much going on. Love the black and yellow quilt. It reminds me of the State of Maryland colors. the flowers look great as well. I hope you never run out of
K names lol

Chantal said...

Koncentric Konnection is amazing. I am floored! Wow!!