Design Wall Monday, July 13, 2015

Did you get the classes you wanted?  I'm writing about the 2016 Road to California Quilt Show Workshops...registration opened Saturday.  These classes fill up so fast!  I got into the one I hoped for YIPPEE...it is a class on Wednesday from 8am -4pm with Jenny Pedigo of Sew Kind of Wonderful.  She'll show us all how to use the Quick Curve Ruler and the pattern she designed with Helen Robinson called Chic Kisses.  There are classes for everyone during the week.  Hope if you want to take a class you can get the one you want.
I've been working on a project that at least four or five have worked on.  Someone I don't know started this design from the book Quits from the Smithsonian.  It is the design called All-American Eagle.  That someone decided the quilt needed to be larger and proceeded to make enough components to accomplish exactly that.  Fast forward I believe maybe 20 years it comes out from cobwebs...  When projects met finishes and time still allowed for more to be done during the retreat in June three of us decided to get it done.
I got back the center piece about a week ago.  So here is where my Sunday began.  
I thought I'd finished the applique, but no six more cross blocks needed doing.  I worked on them completing the last one just before bedtime.  Later tonight I'll be putting the side pieces together.  Looks like I may need to add fabric around the eagle to have it fit correctly in the space.  I have lots of all of the fabrics at my disposal.  First things first...will I need something or not?  If so, what fabric shall I use?  Guess I shouldn't get ahead of myself.

Now that my UFO for July is complete there is time to ponder...  Hope your week goes great.  Check out more projects through the links today at Patchwork Times.

3 comments:

Janet (Cook) Hartje said...

This is a gorgeous quilt. How do you decide who keeps it when several people work on it? I would have trouble letting go.

Betty said...

Looks like you could use the name of the designer name her Chic Kisses (Khic). Neat already named?
Really like how the eagle is turning out. But with all that applique you have a way to go. I remember the eagle from the retreat.

Janet O. said...

I love the quilt you will be working on in Jenny's class. Looks pretty complex--just the sort of thing in which you excel!
The eagle quilt is going to be amazing. I, too, am curious who will claim ownership. : )