Sunday Stash Report, July 5, 2015




About a month ago I spotted this pattern at Country Loft in LaMesa, CA.  A Prairie Gathering by Pam Buda.  Kerry and I decided to jump into this kit a month project.  I looked for a total yardage calculation, but couldn't find one.  So I will be calculating the yardage over the week to record in the next Stash Report.  We were fortunate that the first seven months were still available.  Being that it is a medallion quilt the kits each month make rounds.  I have made a project by Pam once before and plan to take a workshop with her in January through Sunshine Quilters.  It would be nice to have my project done before then.



Kamikaze is finished!  I will be taking this to be quilted a bit later today.  This brings me up two future 2015 UFOs that haven't yet been called FINISHED!  So nice to be ahead for months that surprise us with unexpected events.  What's even better is that the two have lots of piecing!
Kamikaze
82" x 82"


Koronado
52 " x 66"
To my July UFO now.  I like that it is patriotic for July!  I am just getting started with the cutting.  I purchased a kit for it which makes two quilts.  The first one will be called Koronado and the second Kidd.  So Koronado must be first!  I will be using the QOV Pattern called Flag of Valor by Minick and Simpson.  More to come in the coming weeks on both of these.  Hope your 4th of July was full of excitement...

Used this week:  22.25 yards
Used YTD:  151.5 yards
Purchased this week:  0 yards
Purchased YTD:  73.25
Net Fabric Used in 2015:  78.25 yards

3 comments:

Betty said...

I seen this quilt when I went to visit you. It is so awesome. I think Kerry will make hers up in reds, what color combination will you be using? Kamikaze is great, a lot of pieces in that one. Very lovely and oh so many pieces. I love Koronado, You will have that done in no time at all. I haven't seen a patriotic quilt yet that I didn't like and this one will be just as great. Nice to see a different style, vertical is perfect for this one.

Janet O. said...

I really like that design by Pam, and I know you will do it justice.
Kamikaze is a stunner.
We enjoyed a dinner with DD#2's family, then went home to the farm so DH could get to the irrigating. So I watched MLS Soccer on TV and did some wool applique. A lovely 4th! : )

Dar said...

WOW, Kamikaze is spectacular! Nice finish.