Design Wall Monday. August 24, 2015


I have Another Brick in the Wall in full production.  The first column on the left are the four A Blocks.  Next in are the three B Blocks.  Both of these are finished blocks.  The next two columns are the yet to be sewn together strips of all three C Blocks.
These strips are three of the sizes needed for D and E Blocks.  I only have the 1 1/4" strips and 1" strips for both of these blocks to piece.  As always I'm working hard to conserve fabrics...I don't want to cut into the nice background yardage that remains unless I have to.  I'm using the leftovers of the 4 1/2", 2 1/2", and 1 1/2" strips forward.  I hope to finish the rest of the piecing and start on the strip assembly later tonight.  Right now Krates is the name that I plan to use...unless another idea comes forward...

I squeezed in time this morning to trim, prepare binding and sleeve, as well as stitch them in place on the Eagle quilt.  I will be mailing this off this morning to Maryland for finishing when I will be visiting later this week.  This one will be donated to the Veterans Home near my parents home.  Mom and I will be delivering it in early September.  Mom and Dad have birthdays and an anniversary coming that I will be there to celebrate.

See lots of other amazing project through the links today at Patchwork Times.


3 comments:

Nancy J said...

Super size design wall, I can see the little wooden step ladder would be so handy.

Janet O. said...

For some reason Another Brick in the Wall makes me think of stacks of books on a library cart waiting to be shelved--or tip over. : )
Have you come up with a name for it yet?
How nice that you are sending the quilt to finish and donate on your trip.
Safe travels to you, Sandi!

Churn Dash said...

I'm guessing that another brick in the wall is a quilt pattern. I haven't seen it in my travels. I do love the way your quilt top is coming together.

Helen