Design Wall Monday, October 5, 2015

Krystal Kreek is my UFO for October, #8.  It has been done now for a little while.  It is a design by Bonnie Hunter called Lady of Lake Erie.  Quiltmaker Magazine brought it to us in the May/June 2011 issue.  I had hoped to use the bonus triangles from Kamikaze, but doing so would not have worked unless I wanted a completely scrappy block.  Not a problem though because everything was available in my stash...ahh good!


I'm still working on Komatose.  What is left is the pieced border, sashing, and final assembly.  The first photo are all the Unit 1s ready to be stitched.  The second is one half of the top border.  It will be joined with the same number of Unit 2s.  Komatose is my #3 UFO project.  Have a wonderful week!

See more work through the links at Patchwork Times.





5 comments:

Janet O. said...

I like your color choices for Krystal Kreek. I've said before that a blue/gold combo makes me think of sunlight glinting on water, so it seems an appropriate combo for a quilt with such a name as Krystal Kreek. : )
I commend you on your border work. I am so often burned out on a quilt by the time I reach the border that no matter how pretty the pieced border of the pattern may be, I simplify it or opt for simple, straight cut borders. You always go out in style with the full border treatment and I admire that!

Lynette said...

I love Lady of the Lake. That's a quilt I want to make some day!

Kat said...

Krystal Kreek looks awesome!

Betty said...

Krystal Kreek is really taking on great style. all those half triangles, wow. love the colors. Lady of the Lake is very nice as well.

Sooli said...

I love that colour combo in Krysta Kreek, reminds me of the sand and the sea!