Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Katchaklaus is moving right along.  I have two more 64 piece unit sashings yet to assemble before the piecing is done.  At lunchtime yesterday the white background santas had their beards appliqued in place.  Today the purple!  The signs will say "Believe".  Not certain how I will accomplish this.  My new sewing machine has an alphabet so I am thinking about trying it out.  If that fails embroidery will ensue.  Certainly going to give the Pfaff a try first.
The strips on the right are my addition to the Sunshine November BOM created by Karen.  The green was provided.  Below is a sample of what I'll be stitching.  I am to make two blocks.
Happy that it is HUMP DAY!

3 comments:

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Wow a 64 piece unit! You are going to have one beautiful quilt

Janet O. said...

I can't believe how much of the checkerboard border you already have completed! It looks fabulous!
Hope your machine stitching works for you.
Your fabrics for the BOM are very pretty together. Will make a great block.

Nancy J said...

The BOM, are they batik? And the new machine? Did I miss the celebrations when it arrived? So glad Santa will be done in time for the night of 24th, lots more sewing with the other 2 sashings, but looking great.Absolutely great!!!